Thursday, February 12, 2009

Birthdays, Horoscopes and Bigfoot

Today marks the bicentennial birthday of Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin two great men in history. Did you know that Darwin came up with the Theory of Evolution because the father of the girl he wanted to marry told him he had to do something great in order to marry his daughter? Thank my anthropologist teacher for that one!

Now I just read my horoscope not something that I'm to into doing but I think it fits me today...

Today's Aries Horoscope:Feb 12, 2009
Are you an intellectual or a poet, dear Aries, a novelist or a playwright? The celestial energy is leaving you alone with your anxieties and questions. You are sure of only one thing: words are friends you have decided to spend the rest of your life with. This is a kind of dream and a challenge that corresponds well to your identity. Get to work. You will find your vocation, as well as your passion, in your writing.
Yeah it fits. Just wish I could be more of a poet for my Poetry writing class.
In my anthropology class we're talking about evolution and how some genes can be messed up in some people, for instance there's a population in Turkey that doesn't have the bipedial gene so they walk around on all fours.
Here's a quote from my professor (don't worry I have plenty more where this came from)...
"We're all mutated apes and we're very weird looking... some more than others like my cousin Mike."
Apparently her cousin has the gene for fur, it makes him really hairy and have a pelt. Not only does he have a pelt but he's six foot five, has red hair and lives in the back country of Vermont, behind a college area. Mike was at this time a farmer it was summer and his pigs got loose, so he was out in the woods with nothing on but shorts and boots looking angrily for his pigs screaming in Irish. Then along came some hikers from the college saw him and ran away screaming because they thought he was Bigfoot.
So now there are still rumors about bigfoot living in Vermont. and my professor is related to him.
I know some interesting people I'll tell you.

0 comments: